I have been looking for ways to make simple and delicious lunch that is vegan, low fat and low sodium plus it can be made ahead of time to take with to work. Lately I have been loving brown rice pasta but struggling with the topping. As most of you know, I do not like cooking but I love to eat. With a few trials and errors I came up with what I consider my go to lunch; it is delicious, filling and most importantly packed with a lot of nutrients. This is how to go about it:
- 1 cup cooked brown rice linguine
- ½ cup chick peas
- 1 cup Kirkland Signature Stir Fry Vegetable Blend or : Broccoli, Sugar Snap Peas, Baby Corn
- Mukimame, Carrots, Portabella Mushrooms, Water Chestnuts, Red Bell Pepper
- Yellow Bell Pepper, Shiitake Mushrooms, Green Onions
- Bragg amino or Soy sauce, no salt vegetable seasoning and garlic chili sauce to taste.
Steps to follow:
- Cook the pasta and chick peas according to the package separately.
- Meanwhile, steam the veggies (I used rice cooker or microwave if I’m in a hurry).
- When all is done place in a bowl add Bragg amino, vegetable seasoning chili sauce and mix. When ready to eat reheat your pasta or enjoy cold.